Social Service Department of Bangladesh is one of the most important departments of Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. They are playing a catalytic role in developing human resources of Bangladesh. One of the major initiative of DSS is “Social Safety Net” which is ensuring socio-economic welfare and the rights of Marginalized, Old, Orphan, Poor, Disable citizen and Jeopardized Child. Since 1961 to this date, Social Service Department is working for the underprivileged citizens of the society. The vision of the DSS is to end poverty and hunger and to make Bangladesh ICT based middle income country by 2021 and by 2041 to flourish Bangladesh as a developed country.
Purpose of the Social Media Shonglap (Dialogue)
a2i Programme organized this Social Media Shonglap (Dialogue). The topic of the Social Media Shonglap (Dialogue) was online activities of DSS with the purpose of
1. Showcasing DSS’s strategy and plans on how they are delivering services and their online
2. Inspiring different departments to use social media on delivering public services to the citizens at
3. Raising awareness about the impact of citizen journalists and to outreach other citizens through
4. Accelerating social movements to help underprivileged citizens of the society.
5. Identifying issues that need to address implementing different SDG’s.