Cases and Stories
“One day approximately 70 years old citizen came up with his problem of lease land. He was roaming around from one door to another to solve this…
One Stop Service in the Land Office to Solve Land Disposal
“One day approximately 70 years old citizen came up with his problem of lease land. He was roaming around from one door to another to solve this problem. He was spending excessive money, time and effort to sort down his problem. When the authority came to know about his problem, the concerned authority ordered the initial officer to sort his record files, but due to management error they couldn’t solve his problem. These are regular hassles of a district land office”.
The hassles faced by the old man, generally had to face all. In fact, it was a regular scenario of the office that service recipients were roaming from one room to another room with their land related problems to get the service like land lease, mutation, vested land acquisition renewal, DCR to solve these issues. But in maximum cases they could not find out a way to solve these problems and fell into broker’s trap and thus suffered lot of hassles. As a result, people had to receive this service by spending a lot of money, visiting more times and wasting a lot of time. The background causes of these hassles are,
- There was no specification of the office room where different application including mutation has to be done
- There was no way or system to know the current situation and progress of the work
- Several visits needed for receiving record book rights and DCR after completing mutation
- Sometimes there was chance of losing documentation due to long time elapsing process
- Chances of getting duplicate copies of important papers from other sources
- Chances of negotiation on extra money exchange among client and officers to complete work early
To make a solution of these problems, in Upazila Land Office a one stop service centre has been established by setting five counters in a single room to provide instant service to the service recipients. A system has been devised out where on a certain day of the week (Sunday) all officials and regarding employees are set together in one stop service center for providing the service. If for any reason service was not possible to provide on pre-defined date, the changed date is informed through Mobile SMS to the beneficiaries to reduce their trouble.
After implementing the project, service recipients of land office can get services more easily. The outcomes of this project are,
- A significant reduction in time consumption for the service. About 98% time is saved than the previous
- Cost and visit for the service is also reduced by 71%
- The rate of harassment of service recipient is significantly decreased